Thursday, August 9, 2018

Summertime Blues

Is it just me? Am I the only one? I love my children! I love them so much, but heaven help me, I want them to go back to school. This is the first summer I've tried to write from home while they've been home. Last year we did this summer program and they were gone having fun while I was plugging away at my next novel. This year we decided to just let them have a laid back summer at home, and let me tell you there has been nothing laid back about it.
Oh, the interruptions.
The drama.
The food requests.
And holy crap, the mess!!
I love my kids, I love my kids, I really, really love my kids.
Now go back to school already.
All that being said, my plans have been hijacked by four little stinkers and four more not so little stinkers.
My next book focusing on Noah Jacobs from Dating: One on One will be coming a little (ok, a lot) later than I was expecting. I have a week and a half left before school starts and I just need to enjoy my kiddos before they go back to school and stop sitting in front of my computer accomplishing nothing because they need me to be Mom, especially the one who's potty training (I'm really hoping that after 16+ years of raising kids, I'm almost done with diapers. Cross your fingers for me!)
Anyway, hope all of you are enjoying your summer if you still have some of it left!
Cheers!
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment