Monday, September 10, 2018

It's my favorite time of year...FALL!

      It's that time again! FALL. School started a few weeks ago. The house is mostly quiet throughout the day. My almost three year old has mastered Netflix and plays well while watching Bolt! or PJ Masks. Pumpkin spice. Candles burning. A fire in the fireplace. Cool mountain air in the evening.              Best of all- football has started! We went to our local high school's season opener two weeks ago. Living in Wyoming, unless it's a home game, you have to travel far to see your team play. We packed up the kids and snacks and drove two hours. Our team lost, but the atmosphere was amazing. It's moments like those, and the one's from my own high school experience, that breathe life into the characters in my stories.
      Connor and Allie.
      Walker and Blythe.
      Cole and Joie.
      It's all about the football! Who didn't dream of dating the star quarterback? Or the scrappy wide receiver who could catch anything? Maybe it was the strong defensive lineman? Whoever it was, Friday nights were all about football, school spirit, and friends. Man, I miss those days!
      Still, I love a Sunday afternoon football game. Rooting for my team under a cozy blanket. A roast and mashed potatoes with gravy for dinner. Hmmm. I love this time of year. It has me thinking about Jamie Barnes and what his story might be? Can our favorite cross country runner from the Perks of Dating You ever get his chance to play football? Will he meet the girl of his dreams after losing his chance with Allie? I think he needs his own happily ever after. How about you?

Until next time, Go Colts!

No comments:

Post a Comment